8/28/09

Baltimore: USA: Berimbonic

A note from Jason in B-more:

Gente!!!

Join me Friday, September 11th, 2009 at 6pm in Baltimore as I, along with hopefully you, present to the Baltimore community 'BERIMBONIC'- a gallery show all about our favorite instrument, the Berimbau.

I am working to create a show that presents the history of the musical bow along with the possibilities of the Berimbau as a work of art in a manner that is accessible to children and adults.

Baltimore is a city that thrives on tradition, and this show is one more step in building a tradition of Capoeira Angola here. I would ask that as an Angoleiro, if you plan on attending the opening to wear white- there will be a Rodinha. The show will run for three weeks and I have attached the flyer for the event to this email- please send it to everyone you know and encourage them to support this event. After the opening there will be a party in my loft, cerveza/capirinha/music, etc. Hope to see you!

BERIMBONIC
Friday, September 11th, 2009
6pm-8pm (Party 8pm-...)

Location:

Gallery 1448
1448 E. Baltimore St
Baltimore, MD 21231

For more info, call 443.722.6596 or email me @ jharris_home AT lycos DOT com

See you all there!

No comments: